In December comScore measured a panel of 190.7 million unique visitors to ad networks across the Web. AOL’s Platform-A, which includes Advertising.com, Quigo, and other properties, reached 91 percent of the online audience, or over 173 million unique visitors.
ComScore measures Internet usage from a global panel of home, work, and university Internet users.
|Top 50 U.S. Ad Networks by Unique Visitor, December 2008|
|Rank||Ad Network||Unique Visitors (000)||Reach (%)||Rank||Ad Network||Unique Visitors (000)||Reach (%)|
|2||Yahoo network**||165,879||87||27||Centro-potential reach||79,294||42|
|3||ValueClick Networks**||159,420||84||28||Undertone Networks**||79,259||42|
|4||Google Ad Network||157,131||82||29||Vibrant Media**||78,370||41|
|6||Traffic Marketplace**||147,024||77||31||Ask network||73,267||38|
|7||Yahoo||145,708||76||32||National Newspaper Network: total U.S. newspapers||72,178||38|
|8||24/7 Real Media**||142,448||75||33||IAC Ad Solutions||69,839||37|
|9||Adconian Media Group**||142,133||75||34||Gorilla Nation Media||69,676||37|
|14||Casale Media**||136,806||72||39||Pulse 360**||60,834||32|
|15||Collective Network**||126,294||66||40||ITN digital networks||60,060||32|
|16||Revenue Science**||126,261||66||41||MSN.com home page||56,543||30|
|19||CPX Interactive**||118,305||62||44||IB Local Network||53,461||28|
|20||ADSDAQ by ContextWeb**||117,025||61||45||National Newspaper Network: top 24 newspapers||49,520||26|
|21||BrightRoll Video Network||114,333||60||46||Adify**||48,974||26|
|22||Burst Media**||112,601||59||47||Business.com network||47,695||25|
|23||MSN-Windows Live||112,223||59||48||Wal-Mart Stores Inc.||46,049||24|
|24||AOL Media Network||109,879||58||49||YuMe Video Network||45,860||24|
1. Reach denotes the percentage of the total Internet population that viewed a particular entity at least once in December.
2. * denotes entity has assigned some portion of traffic to other syndicated entities.
3. ** denotes an advertising network.
4. † denotes custom entities representing the number of unduplicated visitors to sites with which the specified ad network has contracted to deliver advertising. Unlike entities marked as advertising networks (**), custom entities don’t represent the total number of visitors actually reached by ads via the ad network.
5. The Platform A ad network is an aggregation of ad servers used by the following individual advertising network entities: Advertising.com, Tacoda, AOL, Quigo, and Userplan.
|Source: comScore, 2008|
An effective content marketing strategy needs to be customised to the demands of each industry. Here are five tips to increase your ... read more
We put China and United States head to head on smartphone sales and smartphone penetration; 4G subscribers; 4G coverage and speed; mobile internet users and m-commerce; to find out where the world’s biggest m-commerce opportunity lies.
New stats suggest that retailers are improving their customer retention rates, so is this the result of a focus on the customer ... read more